5.21.2011

Perfect Moments

Dear Mimi,


We shared a perfect moment once. I was in labor, and you were by my side -- with my Amazing Husband and the Little One. In the moment, you had an overwhelming feeling that it was *perfect*. Afterwards you wondered what had made this moment so perfect.


I think it was perfect because all the things that define 'us' and our relationships were stripped away. We were four people joined together, completely free of pretense and baggage and dynamics. The room was chaotic, but I was only aware of the Little One urging me on. Amazing Husband's gentle assurances. And your voice in my ear, your constant stream of prayer. Everything outside the circle of us ceased. Our togetherness was a bright and sparkling thing, overpowering the idea of the room and the hospital and the world. My spirit and your spirit and her spirit and his spirit singing a song unknown and unheard outside our hearts.


I imagine it was a bit like where you are now.


Love,


A

0 comments:

Post a Comment