5.04.2011

They Were Afraid She Would Knit an Afhgan

Dear Mimi,


Yasser was here. He came to Casa M-D and we put on some music, opened a bottle of Rioja.


We talked about the time he showed up, married. I met him, hugged him, and asked him how he was. He shook his head and said, 'No. Please take me to Melanie.' I delivered Yasser to your bedside - you were in the middle of some round of chemo. And, in his Yasser way, he said he wanted you to be the first to know and he held up his left hand. I know how you treasured that moment, and how honored you were. I'm sure he also knew, but we made sure to tell him anyway.


And of course, we talked about your favorite joke. 'Why did airport security take knitting needles away from the little old lady?'...


Love,


A

0 comments:

Post a Comment