6.14.2011

Mashed Potatoes

Dear Mimi, 

You loved mashed potatoes. I mean, you LOVED mashed potatoes. They were the comfort food of all comfort foods in your eyes. You once told me that you wanted to fall asleep with a bite of mashed potatoes in your mouth so that it would be first thing you enjoyed the next morning. A different time, you told me that you wanted to die with a bite of mashed potatoes in your mouth. Something I've noticed about dying - most people (with some obvious exceptions) don't get to pick what they eat immediately before. Unless of course, they decide to go to sleep with a mouth full of mashed potatoes. Because I'm pretty sure that scenario ends with a feast with Jesus at the Banquet Table, and not so much with the hoped for early morning treat. 

Love, 

A

0 comments:

Post a Comment